Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It's all relative, but the weather is brutal here. Especially for an "arctic wolf", as my friend Kelly calls me.
Due to the heat (88-90 degrees), humidity (90-95%), and a camera bag that weighs about 25 pounds, I shower and change clothes two to three times a day.
My typical breakfast consists of dim sum at the same nearby traditional restaurant which my small hotel had recommended. I sit at the same table with a retiree named Mr. Lee, and his wife, and another man whose name I cannot recall, along with three or four others. Mr. Lee speaks English well enough so that he can help me order those dishes which do not include pork or beef.

The waiters now know to deliver my favorite dim sum dishes: a vegetable dish, a prawn dish, and and fish balls. I love the taste of them all! (The manager of my hotel has told me that I MUST try the chicken feet, which is a traditional Cantonese dish. Maybe tomorrow.)

More of my images of Hong Kong will be posted in the next day or two.

The traditional Dim Sum restaurant that I visit for breakfast each morning.

Chicken's Feet

Dim Sum

More later!


No comments:

Post a Comment