Friday, February 19, 2010

My visit with Michael Melford, NGS Photographer & friend

Yesterday was my friend Michael Melford's birthday, and I got to spend a few hours with him at his home about 40 miles from where I live. Michael was the first photographer that I traveled with as an assistant, when I moved to NYC in the early eighties. And, he was the last photographer that I traveled with after I decided to stop assisting a few years, and many photographers later.

Michael mostly shoots beautiful landscapes for National Geographic, and one of my favorite projects which appeared in the magazine was his piece on Acadia National Park in autumn. It's spectacular!

Before I left, we agreed to swap prints, and I was happy to take home a beautiful print of the first image in the gallery here: "Acadia National Park in Autumn".
(Be patient, it might take a bit of time to load)


He's getting a print of my image of the Jade Screen Hotel, perched in the Huangshan Mt's of China:

(click to see a larger version)



Thanks Michael & Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment