Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Aborted Acadia plans.....for now!

For the last couple of years, I have been working on a couple of long-term projects which I hope will result in books.

The first is the "Dairy Farm Signs" Project which is a photographic documentation of as many cow illustrations on Dairy Farm signs which I can find, and which are disappearing around New England. (Both the signs and the Dairy Farm signs are disappearing!)


Rusty-John Farm, Addison VT

A web Gallery of a select number of images can be seen here:  Dairy Farm Signs Project

The second photographic project that I have been working on is "Winter in Acadia National Park".

Here are two images from my trip to Acadia last January.




Last Saturday night, in anticipation of a Blizzard which was forecast for Coastal Downeast Maine, I started packing warm clothes, cameras, laptop, boots, etc.
When I got up at 6 am to leave, I checked the weather and discovered that the "Blizzard" had been downgraded to just a Winter Storm. Beside the fact that I still had/have a nasty cold and it was snowing pretty well here, I decided to abort the 8-9 hour drive, and try to get a better head start on the next Winter Storm in Acadia.

Stay Tuned



No comments:

Post a Comment