Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"My Dairy Farm Signs" Project



Years ago, when I was growing up on Leyden Road in Greenfield, Mass., I worked on the dairy farm next door, owned by the Wright family. For as long as I can remember, there was a beautiful sign out front with the name "Wright View Farm", and an illustration of a beautiful Jersey cow.
I've recently heard that the sign was stolen, but it has been replaced.
Recently, with the Wright farm on my mind, I have begun a personal project to photograph as many Dairy Farm signs (with a cow illustration), that I can find in all of the New England States. Yesterday I returned from a four-day trip through western Vermont, and some of the signs which I photographed can be seen here:
Once I feel that I have enough variety, I will pitch the story to a few New England Magazines, and then..we'll see.


Your help in finding any signs which you may come across in your travel's, would be greatly appreciated. 
Please remember that it must contain a cow illustration and must be located in one of the New England States.

1 comment:

  1. One more thing that I desire to share at this place is that, doesn’t matter what you are using free blogging service except if you don’t update your blog on regularly basis then it’s no more worth.

    ----------------------------
    How to buy xrp

    ReplyDelete